With the rise of digital technology, it’s no surprise that employees are leaning towards remote work options. Learn more about remote internships...
Alumni Stories: Advice to Ace Your Work From Home Internship
How can you succeed when working from home?
Want to understand the steps you can take to impact your host company, and make the most out of your Virtual Internship? We know all about supporting our remote interns and sharing helpful information to help them be successful!
But, we thought who better than our VI interns to share advice on how to ace your internship.
So, we asked some of our recent program finishers to share their tips for how to ace your work-from-home internship. We hope that this advice can help you in succeeding in your own remote work!
Whether it’s improving your communication, asking for help, or making the most of your time with the company, check out some of their advice below.
1. Have an open mind and enjoy the experience
You may encounter many challenges during your internship, but this advice is perfect. Keep your mind open to new opportunities and take everything that you come from the experience.
2. Do not hesitate to ask about anything
Those that ask questions are more likely to get more opportunities. Your Virtual Internship is all about gaining as much exposure as possible to your future career, so ask away! Companies expect interns to come armed with questions.
3. Always be proactive and reach out to your direct supervisor
Said like a pro: Take advantage of the experts you have working with you and learn from them as much as possible. They are there to support you so see this as an opportunity to garner insights from them.
4. Try to see the bigger picture
This great advice from Lauren reminds us of the fact that it's important to maintain humility and keep thinking back to why you're doing this internship in the first place. Keep this front of mind and you are sure to succeed.
5. Schedule your breaks and focus on time management
6. Over-communication is better than not enough!
7. Check-in in the morning - be present
8. Be prepared!
9. Reach out to avoid a communication lag
10. Never be afraid to ask for more work
11. Stay organized and plan our projects
12. Be open-minded to all tasks to help you grow
13. Be less scared and more open to failure - that's where you grow!
14. Ask for clarify on projects if needed
15. Keep on top of your workload and manage your time
16. Work hard and make yourself proud!
17. Plan your schedule well to maintain work-life balance
18. Have an open mind to developing new skills
Interested in gaining online internship experience for yourself! If you’re ready to ace your work from home internship, apply today to our Virtual Internships program!